Mission & Activities
Dreams Academy is a project of Ayder (Alternative Live Association). It is realized with the suport of Vodafone Foundation Turkey and UNDP and Turkish Ministry of Development.
In Dreams Academy, we are providing art worskhop every day of the week for socially and physically disadvantaged people. We have a building in Atasehir and in Besiktas.
All these workshops are free of charge and all trainers are volunteered. We have also volunteers from university.
The workshops can be:
- Painting => we participated this year to Mammut Art exhibition with the painting of students
- Sign language
Some of the projects of Dreams academy are social income generating models:
- Dreams kitchen: employs 5 students with intellectual disabilities learning them professional skills above earning income
- D-film: Produces videos and taking photographs on social event
- Social inclusion band: formed in 2009, it is now playing in Babylon every month
- Dreams Company: project developed by student of the drama workshop; 90% of students have hearing impairment; they staged a theater play and are performing on a regular base.
We have also projects with well-known and reputable corporate like Koç Holding, Garanti Bank, Mapfre Insurance, Roche, Peugeot, etc. to raise awareness among their company 'employees on how to approach disability.
Main figures & Metrics
|# students||# hours workshops/week||# volunteers||Revenues (TL)||Operational expenses (%)|
Source of funds
100% Vodafone Foundation Turkey