Mission & Activities
BildirirİZ means “We Report It"
Caps forming “BİZ” emphasized in logo means “we/us” because we want to become a community aiming civilization beginning from safety.
- Minor harassments are not officially reported due to unpractical reporting processes, long judgment duration, not being fairly punished, humiliation of reporter during official process.
- Unpunished/unreacted minor harassments encourage harassers for major harassments.
- Even rape cases are hidden and publicly not reacted unless there is murder.
- Mobile devices accompany us everywhere.
We decided to use technology to prevent harassments.
BildirirİZ is a mobile application that users can pin harassments and security risks anonymously on map.
BildirirİZ project aim to make permanent the #sendeanlat movement we had on Twitter after Özgecan Aslan case and make the reactions functional by:
• Personal safety by showing risky areas
• Virtualizing harassments for better analyses
• Effective use of sources of related organizations
• Defining matching cases for witnessing
• Execute leading cases to spread impression of “harassment is not hushed up anymore”.
Main figures & Metrics
|# harassment reporting||# cases reported||# of corporate supporter||Operational Budget (TL)||Operational Expense|
Source of funds
BildirirİZ is currently a social venture on equity based aiming to achieve financial supports to be sustainable.
BildirirİZ won Hack4Women 2015 hackaton (www.hack4women.com / www.facebook.com/hack4women) aiming to develop projects for gender equality, hosted by the social incubation center of Bilgi University.