Mission & Activities
The Hope Foundation for Children with Cancer (KAÇUV) was established in 2000 by the doctors and families of patients receiving treatment at the Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Medical School Hematology/Oncology Service.
With the philosophy of "Where there is life, there is hope," the foundation's aim is to support cancer patients aged 0-17, whose treatment might otherwise be discontinued because of financial hardship.
We also work to increase awarness on childhood cancer among people.
Programs / Services:
- Family Home: The Family Home is a place where the children with cancer and their families coming from out of Istanbul can stay for free during their treatment.
- Programs for Children: We had some non-formal education programs for children implemented by our volunteers in hospitals and in Family Home.
- Hospital Support Service: We try to support hospitals in order to meet their needs such as health equipment, furnitures, food etc.
KACUV’s Publication: We try to create publication in Turkish language in order to support families of children with cancer.
Main figures & Metrics
|# of volunteers||# fo children and parents supported at Family Home||# of hospital where Kacuv'activities are held||total donation (TL)||operational expenses|
Source of funds
Source of Fund - 2014
- Individual Donation: 37%
- Corporate Donation: 63%
Grants / Project based funds - 2014
- Istanbul Developmen Agency
- Nehir’in Çocukca Yaşam Gönüllüleri
- UPS Foundation