Mission & Activities
MS dernegi has been founded in 1989 to inform and support individuals suffering from MS and their relatives.
They own a 1.000m2 building in Sisli where they have a large physiotherapy room for exercices as well as for yoga classes. They have also a psychotherapy space and a space for recreational and social activities (like painting).
Every year, they are organising a large conference about MS in May gathering more than 250 people (academicians, doctors, patients).
Their objectives are:
- Make MS nationwidely known and rasie awareness of public.
- Enable physical, psychological and legal support and rehabilitiation for MS patients and their relatives
- Train MS patients and tehir relatives about the disease
- Follow the scientific studeis about MS and inform the patients
- plan social activities to cheer up the patients and their relatives
- Organise a fair to create resources for supporting MS patients
- Organise projects like "reading for MS" in cooperation with schools
- Sell designed necklaces and bracelets in cooperation with institutions, organise such activities at least once a year.
Main figures & Metrics
|Avg # of participants to the monthly information meeting||#of people having beneffited from physiotherapy||
#of people having participated to the cultural activities
|Total revenues (TL)||Total adminisrative expenses/ Total revenues|
Source of funds
MS Dernek owns the building in which they are, they also owns a service bus that they received from MS International.
Their activities, like the yearly organisation of the congress of MS in May, is financed through the sponsoring of pharmaceutical companies like Novartis, Merck, Bayer, Biogen, Teva and Roche.